How to rent an instrument online
(Copy and paste the link below into your web browser) I'm working on getting a direct link
Top Questions of Beginning Band Students and Parents
1. Do I have to provide an instrument? YES if you decide to play Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone or Percussion.
2. Where do I get my instrument? Music and Arts will have an online rental night TBA. Feel free to visit our website for other stores under "more".
3. How much does it cost to rent? It depends on the instrument. All instruments are rented for the school year with an option to buy.
4. Do I have other exploratory classes? NO Band is a one year commitment.
5. Do I need to be able to read music? NO Mr. Mitchell will teach you what you need to know
6. How do I choose my instrument? Click on Be a part of the music in the above left box. There are videos of instrument. Choose two that you like and Mr. Mitchell will help you decide which one is right for you.
7. Can I play Percussion? Yes. Only 8 people will play percussion as other instruments are needed to have a well rounded group.
8. Is there a band fee? NO. Students must purchase materials for class. We also expect help with fund raisers throughout the year.
9. Can I play sports or cheer and be in the band? YES.
10. Is band a class? Yes. We meet everyday just like math or ELA.
11. Are there after school rehearsals? Sometimes. Students that choose to get extra help with lessons or play in jazz band may have to stay after for those activities.
12. Can I quit band anytime I want? NO Learning to play an instrument takes time. There will be high and low points when learning to play. Most students are hooked after the first concert.
Gold = 100 (No mistakes and good tone)
Silver = 93 (Either no mistakes but tone needs work OR few mistakes with a good tone)
Blue = 86 (Several mistakes with questionable tone)
Red = 80 (Student played with many mistakes and questionable tone)
No star = 60 (Student has not played)
All quizzes may be played again to improve scores. This is the responsibility of the student once time has been given in class or due to absence.
**Students MUST perform as part of their band grade. Students are not assessed on material until ample time has been spent in class going over the skill to be assessed. Students will be given time to perform in class, before or after class, or online. The expectation is to play within a given timeline, so I better know how to help students.
All Performances are for a grade. Students are to wear a solid white top with solid black pants or skirt, black socks, black shoes and a black belt. All boys are to wear a tie. All clothes should meet Maury County Dress Code requirements.